1) Giving 110% doesn’t make sense. I can’t magically get another 10% on top of my maximum capacity. Unless I stole it. And stealing is wrong.
2) We’re not designed to give 100% of ourselves to anything unless our lives are in danger because it’s not a good survival trait. Waste 100% of your energy on your paperwork and when your filing cabinet starts falling on you you won’t have enough left to get out of the way.
3) If I work at my maximum capacity today I won’t have anything left for the rest of the week. I’ll be more productive working at 80% for 5 days than at 100% for one day and then needing the rest of the week to recover.
4) Working too hard only encourages management to give you other people’s work to do as well as your own. Unless you’re getting their pay as well it’s probably not worth it.
5) It’s Sunday. I don’t work Sundays.