Unlike a good many people in this world, I didn’t have an acceptance speech ready because I didn’t ever expect my blog to win an award. But as I’ve probably written before, “you never know what life’s got in store for you.”
Many thanks to Mellchan for nominating me for this lovely award. If you’d like to see her blog, which I thoroughly recommend, particularly if you have horsey interests, it lives at http://mellchan.wordpress.com/
According to the rules of the award, I should tell the person who nominated me 7 things about myself.
- I love complex board games and boxed games (i.e. board games that don’t actually have a board). Current favourites are Dominion and Ticket to Ride (Europe).
- I need to see green growing things regularly. When it snows and I can’t see greenery or when I go on holiday somewhere not-so-green I feel unsettled by it after a couple of days.
- I’m rather lazy. This is why I have a dark coloured horse, so as not to show the dirt.
- I’m far more scared of spicy food than is reasonable.
- This is my first blog award and I’m very, very pleased.
- Earlier today I encouraged my cats to go out in the snow by throwing treats out into it. They were really confused at first because the treats sank in and disappeared, but as soon as one figured out he needed to smell for them and then dig a little, the other caught on pretty quickly.
- I love reading in the bath, but sometimes this does lead to wet and wrinkly books. Oops.
So now I pass on nominations for the award. I’m aware that some of the people I’ve nominated have already received a nomination from others, but I decided to go ahead and nominate them anyway. Some of them are blogs I’ve followed for a long time, others I’ve only found recently, but all of them are worth recognising with an award, so here’s the list: