I can only apologise for how long it has taken me to get round to writing this award acceptance post. I can assure you its not because I am unappreciative! Thank you very much, The Katie Chronicles, for the kind nomination!
So, what are the rules of the award?
1. Use the logo in your post. ✓
2. Link to whoever nominated you.✓
3. Write ten pieces of information about yourself.✓
4. Nominate ten fellow bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.✓
5. Leave a comment on the nominees’ blogs to tell them of the award. I haven’t actually done this yet because I’m scheduling this post to publish at a time after I wrote it. It would be weird to leave people messages that they will be nominated but the post’s not out yet, so I’m going to do it after this has been published. That may mean there’s a delay between the post and me letting people know, but I think that’s probably OK.
So, ten things about me…
1. Mess makes me feel comfortable. A tidy house just isn’t home.
2. My husband and I tend to suit the same glasses frames.
3. We can’t stop ourselves buying Christmas decorations and have enough baubles to decorate 4 trees. This year we’re using gun-metal silver, bright silver and white. Next year it will be the green baubles’ turn.
4. Mr. S cuts my hair. Every time he does, he jokes about adding some layers, and every time it makes me nervous.
5. If money was no object I’d buy myself a seven stringed viola da gamba of the highest quality. Who knows when I’d find time to play it though.
6. When I can’t sleep I sometimes imagine I’m watching a film l know well in my head, from the opening credits onwards.
7. I think there should be a meme: I used to… then I got a horse. E.g., l used to grow my own vegetables … then I got a horse.
8. I’m looking forward to reading Maddadam by Margaret Atwood, which I got for Christmas.
9. Between annual leave and sick leave, I’ve barely been at work at all in December. I expect January will be a shock to the system.
10. l remember when Candy Crush wasn’t a Saga. l can’t believe a game l first liked well over a decade ago has taken the app world by storm.
Ten inspirational blogs in no particular order:
Thank you again Katie’s C, and thank you all for reading.